Generative design, also known as Ai aided design, the next frontier for designers who work in consumer electronics, manufacturing and software. Generative design harnesses the power of artificial intelligence (Ai) to develop new high-performance design concepts and iterations that help solve complex challenges. This Ai-generated design exploration process, can be explained as a design assistant that requires a designer to input design goals into the generative design software, along with parameters such as performance in order to produce and simulates new products.
Generative design tools that produce optimum forms for products and buildings without human intervention are set to transform both the physical world and the role of the designer. Generative Design explores how programming languages such as Processing can be used to create structures from sets of rules, or algorithms, to form the basis of anything from software interfaces, natural language conversations, patterned textiles and typography to lighting, sculptures, films and buildings.Resources:
- Deezeen: Design Superpowers
- Form Labs: Generative Design 101
- Generative Design Primer
- TrendHunter: Generative Design Examples
- Monolith: Monolith empowers people to understand, predict and optimize products dramatically faster using an intuitive AI software platform
- Generative Design Software: Take complete control of your generative design workflows using next-gen engineering software. Design processes, not just parts.
- Fusion 360 Introduction to Generative Design (90 min) – You will walk through a hands-on lab where we will break generative design down into three areas The Setup, The Analysis, and The Results.
- Generative Design 101 for Architecture
Generative Design Learning Guides
Generative design allows you to expand your capacity exponentially. It is like hiring hundreds of engineers, designers, analysts, simulation experts, with thousands of hours of experience and an endless amount of data…all with a push of a generate button.
- Overview of Generative Design (1 min) – You will explore how to define a design problem, including the functional and manufacturing requirements, and generating alternative results that meet your design criteria.
- What is Generative Design? (2 min) – The basics.
- Generative Design mindset (3 min) – You will review the generative design process, and how a shift in the design mindset is needed to set up a generative study properly.
- Introduction to Generative Design (15 min) – Watch the recording and explore additional content below – including Q&A from the live session, featured products, and next steps.
- Understanding Generative Design (30 min) – This lecture shows you how to use generative design in Fusion 360 to create multiple CAD-ready solutions simultaneously, based on real-world manufacturing constraints and performance requirements.
- Introduction to Generative Design (60 min) – You will learn how generative design can benefit every industry and gain introductory knowledge.
Use the top Generative Design navigation to take a deep dive in to all the art and design forms using generative (Ai aided) programming to reinvent the very nature of creation.